Monday, May 16, 2005

 

The Book Opener



by Jon D.

Results
It opens a book
What it looks like
It looks like a huge container with strings in it and a magnet.
It has a tiny book in it
Materials
A plastic container, a magnet, tough string, dowel rods, and a paperclip, six spools, a bead that has a hole in the middle,
And a tiny book.
What I learned
I learned that it is easier to open a book by hand.
How it works

You pull the string at the top then slowly lower it and pull it up again.


Benefits, you don’t have to get paper cuts and get the book pages dirty.
Also it takes a little strength so you could get some muscles.
You won't ever lose your page.


What I learned, I learned that it is more fun than regularly turning the page.
It is cooler to watch than the normal way.
It is a lot of fun making it.

How I made it,
I bought a long dowel and cut it into six equal peaces,
then I got a cat food container and cut the front out, cut three holes on one side and three holes on the other side,
Then I put the six dowel rod pieces in each hole. Then I put spools on the dowel rods then I wound the string around the spools and I made it to where the string ended up in the front and tied the magnet to the end of the string. Then I taped the paperclip to the rim of the tiny book, and the other end of the string I poked a hole through the top of the container and tied the bead to the end of the string.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?